San Diego, CA. September 8, 2010 – One lucky college student will find themselves the owner of a new iPad next month as winner of the first “Greenest Student College Challenge.” ThinkGreenLiveClean, an environmental news Web site, launched the contest yesterday to showcase the most inventive and ingenious “green” ideas emerging from the nation’s college campuses.
College students are being asked to make green resolutions for the “New ‘School’ Year.” A panel of judges will review the resolutions and award the student with the best idea a new iPad and matching case valued at more than $500. The winner’s name, college and green resolution will also be posted on the homepage of ThinkGreenLiveClean.
Entries will be judged on creativity of the green resolution and details about how the resolution will be fulfilled.
“Since our contest’s green resolutions can be viewed by anyone anywhere, the Greenest Student College Challenge is essentially a national brainstorming session with an iPad as an incentive,” said Wyatt Taubman, founder of ThinkGreenLiveClean. “Students will be able to read what other students have written and will hopefully become inspired by all the great green ideas floating around. These students are going to have the ideas that will change the future so we want to let their ideas be heard now on a national level.”
Contest entrants must enter by October 18, as follows. The winner will be announced November 1. Official rules are available at ThinkGreenLiveClean.com. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
1. Become a Fan of ThinkGreenLiveClean on Facebook;
2. Sign up for the ThinkGreenLiveClean newsletter;
3. Provide an active college email;
4. Post a green resolution on the ThinkGreenLiveClean comment box. Must be 300 words or less.
The panel of judges include:
• Dr. Diana Nemergut, environmental studies professor, University of Colorado at Boulder
• Dr. Michael Boudrias, environmental studies & marine science department chair, University of San Diego
• Shanah Trevenna, student sustainability coordinator, University of Hawaii
• Devon Fisher, University of San Francisco Master’s Program and Think Green Live Clean writer
• Kaelin McAtee, University of San Diego and Think Green Live Clean writer
• Wyatt Taubman, founder, ThinkGreenLiveClean
iPad and matching cover provided by Duke’s Restaurants.
The Greenest Student College Challenge marks the first in a series of contests to be hosted by ThinkGreenLiveClean to run throughout the school year. Future contests will explore different aspects of students living sustainably.
ThinkGreenLiveClean is an environmental news Web site that provides people with the simplest, easiest and smartest solutions for living a ‘greener’ lifestyle. Launched in 2009 by Wyatt Taubman at age 23 and now a graduate of University of San Diego, ThinkGreenLiveClean currently boasts 19 writers hailing from colleges across the country who write daily articles about anything relating to the ‘green’ way of life from a young adult’s perspective. ThinkGreenLiveClean can be found at ThinkGreenLiveClean.com.